Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Rain

Well, it is raining again. I love the rain, but it does seem a little weird to have so much rain. In Georgia, for years, we have been in a drought. Last year many places did away with their fountains, and amusement parks didn't run some of their water rides, since there was just not enough water to go around. Over the last two months we have been under a flood watch or warning for about 20 days. That is a big change!
Don't get me wrong, I am glad our drought worries seem to be ending, but don't forget we still need to save water. The average adult in the U.S. uses about 80 gallons of water per day. That is a lot of water people.

I like to cook when it rains maybe because it is freezing in my house. Something about the smell of stew on the stove and bread in the oven, along with the sound of rain on the roof feels like home to me. I think I will go put something on now.

No comments:

Post a Comment