Saturday, November 7, 2009

Art Show

The Washington-Wilkes Arts Foundation put on a wonderful display November 7th & 8th. There were a lot of free craft and art projects provided for the kids as well as some incredible talented artists. If you get the chance to stop by next year, please do, it was terrific. Melanie was one of only a handful of kids that had art displayed during the art show. We are very proud, and of course, I think her picture was the best one there, but then I am biased.

I know it is not a great pic of a great pic but here it is anyway.
This is Melanie in front of the window display where all the student pictures were displayed.
There were some great pictures. I guess we must have a lot of talent here in the tiny town of Washington.
As I said they had many booths set up for the kids to make different crafts. Here is Melanie and Kayla (in the background) making tie-dye t-shirts.
They made hats out of newspaper (with a little help) from some of the volunteers.


They made turkeys out of sandwich cookies, candy corn, and icing.
They got to finish pictures.
They also painted pictures and sun catcher key chains.
They have been bragging about everything they made that day ever since. It was a great day and made me remember one of the reasons I moved here.

No comments:

Post a Comment