Friday, November 20, 2009

Thanksgiving

A friend sent this to me and I thought it was to cute not to share. I apologize I have no idea who originaly wrote it.


'Twas the Night of Thanksgiving

With apologies to Clement C. Moore, author of


A Visit From St. Nicholas ('Twas the Night Before Christmas)


'Twas the night of Thanksgiving, But I just couldn't sleep.


I tried counting backwards, I tried counting sheep


The leftovers beckoned --- The dark meat and white,


But I fought the temptation with all of my might.

Tossing and turning with anticipation


The thought of a snack became infatuation.


So I raced to the kitchen, Flung open the door,


And gazed at the fridge full of goodies galore.


I gobbled up turkey and buttered potatoes,


Pickles and carrots, beans and tomatoes.
 I felt myself swelling so plump and so round,


Till all of a sudden, I rose off the ground !!

I crashed through the ceiling. Floating into the sky....


With a mouthful of pudding and a handful of pie,


But I managed to yell as I soared past the trees ...

HAPPY EATING TO ALL !!

PASS THE CRANBERRIES PLEASE !!





No comments:

Post a Comment